Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea packs a powerful color punch. This one is in my parents' yard in Scottsdale. Some nurseries around Boise sell bougainvilleas as "patio plants" - meaning, you can't leave them out in the winter or they will die. I've been tempted, but I don't have that much indoor space for plants, and I already overwinter geraniums each year. I saw a tiny purple flower peeking out of the foundation plantings yesterday. I'll share the early spring blossom tomorrow.

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

I've always wondered if Bougainvillea could survive here south of Memphis. I've never seen any, so I guess not. but it might be fun to try them.

Yesterday (Mar. 25th) was my birthday, and I took a day off from the office and worked in the yard in just a tee shirt. Good way to celebrate a birthday, actually.